• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Here is the real story behind the incident.  It does exemplify why you don't come up to a horse from behind.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2016/10/18/video-shows-police-horse-kick-woman-who-slapped-it-at-queens-homecoming/

My horse had these for traction, wonder if she'd have walked away?

stud-fitting.jpg

horseshoe-studs-supastuds.jpg

:laffs:

TRUTH!  I remember asking Dion about a certain caliber that he listed, and he told me, "Sorry.  Some guy in Montana has dibs on ALL those!..."  I says, "Hey Pete, how do I get dibs on any of your brass, brother?!!?"  Answer - "Just tell me what you're looking for..."

So, half that shiit in his listing, that says "Spoken for" is all mine...  :lmao:  I don't mean to be a brasswhore about it all - but the Montana Guy did it to me...   :thefinger:

I'd see something new pop up in his ads, and I'd send him a PM - "Yeah, brother - mark those as MINE, too..."  :banana:

It's not funny anymore, when he tells me it's time to pay up...   I cringe, and just tell him to send me the total...   That last one hurt, real bad - but that's when I whored up all that LC NATO primed brass...  1100 rounds of it, too...   That was a painful payment to send...  :embarrassed:

Edited by 98Z5V

Damn wasps! I have a wasp nest up in the cowling of my tractor somewhere. Every time I fire it up they come boiling out of there. Wouldn’t be bad cept I’m allergic to the bastards and don’t want to make a trip to the er. Tried to get my wife to take a close look but she got stung and now won’t go near it. don’t want to hose the innerds down with spray but lookin like that’s my only option for now. Huh maybe a sign it’s new tractor time.

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

1100 rounds of it, too...   That was a painful payment to send...  :embarrassed:

Awwwww.  But you know you love the secure feeling of not having to wonder if you have enough brass for your next project.  :thumbup:

And I like knowing that when I pick up something that is spoken for its already sold when it hits the bottom of the bucket.  A win-win situation I would say. 

Last year after everyone had what they wanted at the end of the year I sent Montana guy an email about what I had left and his reply was "yep, send me all of it".   Nice to carry no inventory into winter.

31 minutes ago, dpete said:

Awwwww.  But you know you love the secure feeling of not having to wonder if you have enough brass for your next project.  :thumbup:

And I like knowing that when I pick up something that is spoken for its already sold when it hits the bottom of the bucket.  A win-win situation I would say. 

Last year after everyone had what they wanted at the end of the year I sent Montana guy an email about what I had left and his reply was "yep, send me all of it".   Nice to carry no inventory into winter.

I always watch to see if any 260, 243ai, 375socom shows up unclaimed but... not in the cards. :hornet:

1 hour ago, dpete said:

260 is on Tom's list. 243ai is unheard of around here. A 375 socom that didn't come out of my rifle would be this side of a miracle and would find a new home at my house.  

Yes I knew all that.  I have faced reality and seek other sources, but I always look to see what you’re peddling.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:21 AM, Radioactive said:

Damn wasps! I have a wasp nest up in the cowling of my tractor somewhere. Every time I fire it up they come boiling out of there. Wouldn’t be bad cept I’m allergic to the bastards and don’t want to make a trip to the er. Tried to get my wife to take a close look but she got stung and now won’t go near it. don’t want to hose the innerds down with spray but lookin like that’s my only option for now. Huh maybe a sign it’s new tractor time.

Get two cans of Wasp and hornet spray, the kind that shoots 25', after sundown and when it is almost dark, they will all be on the nest, have your wife to get on one side of the tractor, you on the other side and at the same time spray the crap out of anywhere you can reach, walk away and leave it untouched for a day, then open it up. I have never had the wasp spray hurt anything. I used to get yellow jackets under my old Craftsman riding mower hood when I left it outside all spring.

I get this at Amazon, It is less than $4.00 a can.

71%2Bzpy6N7%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

BTW,  I have been told by averyvery good source that she carries a can of this in her car and when someone pulled up to her side of her car in the bad part of Houston and  started to talk bad trash to her, she shot a stream of this thru his car window and then she drove off, he didn't follow her either.

Edited by mrmackc

11 hours ago, DNP said:

At some point, Tom is gonna share. 

If I can find that video, it's on, brother.  Big new can of Carb cleaner, BBQ lighter, and strap your balls on tight and just get after it. 

They don't come back from that... 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

If I can find that video, it's on, brother.  Big new can of Carb cleaner, BBQ lighter, and strap your balls on tight and just get after it. 

They don't come back from that... 

I meant brass. You have all the @dpete brass market locked up.