• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t want to start a thread title if you are not ready but I can’t find any info on 2020 fall shoot. I would love to come out and meet y’all. It’s a long ways to go but sounds like it would be worth it. Not sure if my work schedule can support but I’m looking for a reason to retire anyway. Tom you got the particulars?

10 hours ago, Radioactive said:

I don’t want to start a thread title if you are not ready but I can’t find any info on 2020 fall shoot. I would love to come out and meet y’all. It’s a long ways to go but sounds like it would be worth it. Not sure if my work schedule can support but I’m looking for a reason to retire anyway. Tom you got the particulars?

Still working on it.  November for sure.  I'll get details up here soon.  Not taking the chance on October anymore, and another 4 1/2 foot rattlesnake wandering into camp at 9pm.  No more of that shiit. Needs to be November, so the nights are cooler, and those slithering fuckers aren't out, strolling through camp.

Edited by 98Z5V

23 minutes ago, shepp said:

Is it strange we honor confederate generals when they basicly committed treason? 

Not at the time, back then.  History is different.  They were some of the greatest leaders that we ever had, and led troops in combat.  Now, WHY they were fighting...  that's the rub.  That does NOT take away from what they accomplished, not even a little. That fight was THAT FIGHT, and we're not here to second-guess it or armchair-quarterback it. We weren't there, dealing with what THEY were dealing with, in the mid 1800's...

All these little "feelings" fuckers that want to ERASE military history, this COUNTRY'S history, will never be able to do it.  It's there, and it's real.  It already happened, and you cannot change history, no matter how hard you cry those feelings, and express your outrage.  Maybe if you were there then, Feelings-People?  Would you have stood up?  Doubtful, knowing the current makeup and intestinal fortitude of these weakass fuktards.

History is what it is - it's in the past.  No matter how much they want it to diasppear, erase it, and have it never be spoken of again...  It's THERE.  It's DONE. 

Historically, you can learn from your mistakes (many of us do, with marriage), but you cannot change your past mistakes, and you cannot erase you past mistakes.  Truth.

You can, however, learn from all that shiit, and change who you are, and what you do.  Or not.  Just keep fucking up.

Destroying and removing that stuff is a huge mistake.  GIANT.  They're just trying to ERASE history, but they're not doing a single fucking THING in order to change their future.  They just want it ERASED, and forgotten about.  They're trying to CHANGE history. 

Sorry fuckers, it doesn't work like that.  Now, go grab that bag of smashed assholes for your desert. 

What's next?  We have these little Feelings-Fuckers second-guessing why we were so "insubordinate" to the British, in Boston, with everything that led up to 19 April, 1775?...  

They can Fuk off.   :thefinger:

Edited by 98Z5V

12 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Rewriting it is equally egregious too. It was a very wise man indeed who said that those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.

Nor re writing. Just curious why statues of men who committed treason infront of court houses are so important 🤷🏼‍♂️. Put them in museums 🤷🏼‍♂️

17 minutes ago, shepp said:

Nor re writing. Just curious why statues of men who committed treason infront of court houses are so important 🤷🏼‍♂️. Put them in museums 🤷🏼‍♂️

You're judging NOW.  And saying it's Treason.  Back THEN, it was definitely not Treason, brother.  Try to get your mind back THEN, and put yourself in THOSE SHOES.  Think about that. I mean that, really think about it.

It wasn't anything near "treason" when all that shiit was going down.  Yet, we "think" we can categorize it like that now, in these days?  Foolhardy, to even think about it like that.  Completely.