• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

Well...this is arkysaw

Well back in the day, way,way ,way  back in the day, LOL, . . .over in Oregon County  Misserie possum and grits was a happy time meal!, Hey Grandma don't forget to boil up some Arbuckles, and have some molasses and cow salve butter for them cat's head biskits, yummy! Tomorrow we'll  drag the Eleven Point with a tow sack of busted up walnut hulls and get a mess of fish and maybe some bullfrogs!

Edited by mrmackc

10 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Does Canada have there version of Arlington National cemetery?

While we do have a national military cemetery in Ottawa( capital) which serves the Canadian version of Arlington, it is more common for Canadian military personal to be buried were they fought and fell or in their home town.

Vimy Ridge is probably our best know memorial ( Battle of Vimy Ridge WW1, France) the battle is considered Canada's first military action as a nation vs part or a British Commonwealth group.

1000x400-vimy.jpg

Located on Hill 145 were the brunt of the battle was fought.

Traditionally Canadian towns will have a Cenotaph as a gathering spot on 11 November to pay our respects.

0e93ea46849274d564b7a66ad1b3669c.jpg?sm

My local Cenotaph

7 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

Awesome, good luck at the show. do they give prizes for best cars?

Cars are categorized by class. The GTX fits in the 68-69 B Body Plymouth class, which is usually one of the largest due to the sheer quantity of Roadrunners produced back in the day. I've also entered the modified Plymouth class on occasion so I can park with my friends. I've won best in class a few times which earns a spot in the winners circle the following year to compete against the other class winning Plymouths. 

These days it more about being with friends and like minded people

10 hours ago, Black_Sheep said:

This coming weekend is the first "real" car show since the summer of 2019. I've been working on the Plymouth for almost a week to get ready, almost there...

IMG_7270.jpg

Our family had a Coronet 440 back in the 70s, did not look anything like that beauty!  Very nice.

14 hours ago, Black_Sheep said:

This coming weekend is the first "real" car show since the summer of 2019. I've been working on the Plymouth for almost a week to get ready, almost there...

IMG_7270.jpg

Beautiful '69 there brother!:thumbup:

My 70 Barracuda is in the shop being painted right now. When I get it back it's getting new repro seat covers and carpet. I can't wait to start cruising that car again.