What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Leopold 1.5x4 firedot, 20moa Nikon mount, 2 gun cases, barrel nut wrench I didn't have, forward assist plugs, linear comps for 308, new phone cables,,case etc. Been an expensive week.

NICE, BROTHER!!!   You found it all!!!   :thumbup:

36 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Yes sir. Speaking of which, what are you going to put it on?

Brother - that thing got built.  And it's BAD...

P1080332.thumb.JPG.ccc0e36834ec38bea5c857aca48b5b8a.JPG

16" carbine-gas 6.5 Grendel M4.  MaTech rear sight, my own set-screw front sight base, and a Primary Arms 5x fixed prism red-dot scope.  It's no joke at 500~600 yards.  I haven't tried it on the 850 yet. 

I guess I need to get that dirty girl out more.  That went down when your Grendel Mk12 build went down.   Same build times.  :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Brother - that thing got built.  And it's BAD...

P1080332.thumb.JPG.ccc0e36834ec38bea5c857aca48b5b8a.JPG

16" carbine-gas 6.5 Grendel M4.  MaTech rear sight, my own set-screw front sight base, and a Primary Arms 5x fixed prism red-dot scope.  It's no joke at 500~600 yards.  I haven't tried it on the 850 yet. 

I guess I need to get that dirty girl out more.  That went down when your Grendel Mk12 build went down.   Same build times.  :thumbup:

Oh yeah, she's sexy! Shoulda brought her to the dance for the Fall Shoot....

50 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Oh yeah, she's sexy! Shoulda brought her to the dance for the Fall Shoot....

That scope is pretty badass for a Grendel, if you want to max out at 600. It's a BDC scope with ACSS reticle, with zero instructions to set it 0.75" high at 100, and the BDC lines up for Grendel. So far, that is true, to 500.  I need to work out another target to 600 and test it (probably from camp-site towards the north, along the ridge - and get it right at 600). 

Just checked the new online-manual for it, and they're changed it a little - I might need to re-zero this.  I'm 2475fps out of a 16" barrel on my handloads, and they want a 200-yard zero for 2500fps for this scope.  I'll play with that alot more, now that the weather is cooler.  ALOT more.

Here's the reticle.  I'd love to get that 800-yard hashmark ON...  :thumbup:

873424633_PA5xprism.png.afd05e3e506ae19573c7650bbae1caba.png

I have a plan, brother - It's on at 500 now, with the hash mark for 500 - it hits the IPSC steel. I'll just paint up an IPSC target all white, drop it at 500, with a 5x5" black line around that all white target center - I'll just zero the gun at 500 - then see what it's shooting at 100. That's my dope on it.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Yesterday I received a new toy in the mail.  Every once in a while I have wanted to lok inside a rifle or shotgun bore and see if there is a bad place or something i just am curious about.  I looked on several vendors for a  camera borescope.

I found several for $500, 4400 dollars . Then I went to guess where? ..Amazon, found one for $49.95 shipping included. It is a TESLONG Professional borescope. Got it in on a 2 day shipping. It is a plug and play on Windows 10, which I do have a couple of them. hooked the thing up went to CAMERA her is the info from AMAZON:

Sorry I can't copy and paste pics like we could before the site was updated.

Teslong Rifle Bore Scope, 0.2inch Gun Barrel Borescope Camera with Side-View Mirror and Semi-Rigid Cable, for Windows, Mac and Android Smartphone

11 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

This borescope works good for me,  connected to my Windows 10 laptop. The probe and mirror is only .20" in diameter, the semi rigid cable is 40" long, the LED lights are adjustable and can be turned off, since they do heat up the probe when on high.

The 45 degree mirror is attached by threads and can be screwed in or out to adjust the focus to fit the gun bore from.22 to .50 cal rifles.  It should work on shotguns too

It comes in a black foam padded manila cardboard box that is 8 3/4" X 9" and 1 3/16" thick the  40" rigid cord and the connecting coil coil up nicely in the box. the cord will fit several sizes USB computer and smartphone connectors, The description on Amazon is right on, no surprises here.

You can also see these on Teslong's website.  I ordered mine from the Teslong store on Amazon. It was direct shipped from Teslong. 

It worked well to inspect the gas port on my .308 you can really see the condition of the rifling, and chambers.

I also used it to check the bore rifling and  breech plug condition of my 40 year old CVA  32" .50 muzzleloader.

It was well worth the $50 to me since I do have Amazon Prime with the free shipping it came by USPS.

Edited by mrmackc