• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

On 11/17/2020 at 4:15 PM, unforgiven said:

Wilson combat 10" handguard w/ 4 rails.

my 12.6 M-Lok for the small frame arrived today, barrel nut was a pain to get clocked properly, but installed gas block, and handguard, she's all together now except for hammer and trigger, waiting on Wilson's Single Stage 4 Lb from Optics Planet, hopefully a little ammo arrives tommorow, I may have to steal a trigger to get it going!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

A Ballistic Advantage 18" SPR-profile barrel in 6mm ARC!

Sounds like fun, my trigger has been sitting at the Fox Lake postal center for 3 days now, but that's life in Central Obamastan... I'm gonna try to run my 300 on 5.56 mags, hopefully I've got something it likes, if not, I'll be ordering 300 Blackout mags. I've got a couple of old Colt 20 rounders that look promising.

7 minutes ago, billymagg said:

Sounds like fun, my trigger has been sitting at the Fox Lake postal center for 3 days now, but that's life in Central Obamastan... I'm gonna try to run my 300 on 5.56 mags, hopefully I've got something it likes, if not, I'll be ordering 300 Blackout mags. I've got a couple of old Colt 20 rounders that look promising.

.300 Black?  What 5.56 mags are you thinking about?  And what projectiles are you running.  I've been down this road, man.  Can give advice. 

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

.300 Black?  What 5.56 mags are you thinking about?  And what projectiles are you running.  I've been down this road, man.  Can give advice. 

I've built the Wilson 300 HAM'R, which works with 300 Black magazines,  I've got a 110 grain round and a 125 grain fmg, they both fit in all my magazines, the Magpull's are a little tight, I've got a steel and a couple of aluminum ASC mags.

23 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Wilson Combat 24" 260 Rem. barrel. Been building short stuff so time for a change.... now to find that 16 inch handguard.

my Wilson Combat trigger is still at the Fox Lake distribution center for UPS, hasn't moved since Optics Planet shipped it... I went to the local Scheel's, only an hour and a half one way! I found some CMMG gubment triggers, and then snooping around I found a Rise single stage 3.5 lb strait trigger in the high dollar case, I'm gonna try that.

It was a pain the azz to install, I tried to slip it under the safety, no dice. So I backed my pistol grip off, pulled it off far enough to get the safety plunger down far enough to get the safety out, put the Rise in, lined up the pins, and put the little Allen bolts in each end, snugged it all down and guess what?? The safety won't go back in, so I pulled the rear pin out, and pushed the base block down far enough that the safety would go over it, reinstalled the safety, pulled the drop in trigger back up, re-installed the rear pin. All good, but a real pain.

I then popped my Rock River mount off the 5.56 with the Redfield Battlezone, and installed it on the Wilson. It's all good, time for the HAM'R!

So, I'll see what I think about the rise, the straight trigger is a little funky, nice clean, crisp release, so I'm not sure which trigger I'm keeping, but one thing is for damn sure, I'm sending every thing I don't use back!!! I see how much this cost, and I see how much all you guys spend trying to use your "spare parts".

Anyway, Aero has a nice mount in "dirty dirt" and Giselle has an amazing looking "dirty dirt"  mount for 3 1/2 times the price of the nice litte Aero. The only thing going against the Aero is that it has interlocking rings on top, I'd prolly rather just have a top half, and screw it on!

2 hours ago, billymagg said:

I then popped my Rock River mount off the 5.56 with the Redfield Battlezone, and installed it on the Wilson. It's all good, time for the HAM'R!

Primary Arms released their Gold Line mounts now - the ones I was talking about after SHOT last year.  They're pretty damn nice, 0 MOA and 20 MOA versions available for the rings sizes that they make, and they're around $90 or so.   Worth looking at if you don't want a LaRue mount, and can't find the discontinued old-skool Armalite mounts.

Here they is:

https://www.primaryarms.com/1+Scope-Mounts/Brand+Primary-Arms/MCategories+Optics/custitem_optic_series+GLx

12 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Primary Arms released their Gold Line mounts now - the ones I was talking about after SHOT last year.  They're pretty damn nice, 0 MOA and 20 MOA versions available for the rings sizes that they make, and they're around $90 or so.   Worth looking at if you don't want a LaRue mount, and can't find the discontinued old-skool Armalite mounts.

Here they is:

https://www.primaryarms.com/1+Scope-Mounts/Brand+Primary-Arms/MCategories+Optics/custitem_optic_series+GLx

Found it, thanks 98, now I'm going to ask a ridiculous question, is there a US or Japan, made 3.5 X 10 X 50 or something similar, with side focus and lighted reticle, or  I'd love to have elevation adjustment, but that short little fat feller ain't gonna fly to far, now is it, lol... 

20 minutes ago, billymagg said:

Found it, thanks 98, now I'm going to ask a ridiculous question, is there a US or Japan, made 3.5 X 10 X 50 or something similar, with side focus and lighted reticle, or  I'd love to have elevation adjustment, but that short little fat feller ain't gonna fly to far, now is it, lol... 

Athlon Ares BTR HD series, and they have a 2.5~15x50 illumintated mil reticle, and I have that scope (x2) on 2 rifles.  Gen 1 was nice, and I love it, and bought a Gen 2 with the stainless guts in it.  Big improvement that they did.  MIL or MOA, your choice, which is cool as hell, and why I love Athlon...   Here's the lineup:

https://athlonoptics.com/product-category/rifle-scopes/athlon-optics-rifle-scopes-ares-btr-gen2/

Here's the one I bought, twice  - you'll drop a grand for it, but you can find it lower if you shop it hard enough:

https://athlonoptics.com/product/rifle-scopes-ares-btr/

Edited by 98Z5V

18 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Athlon Ares BTR HD series, and they have a 2.5~15x50 illumintated mil reticle, and I have that scope (x2) on 2 rifles.  Gen 1 was nice, and I love it, and bought a Gen 2 with the stainless guts in it.  Big improvement that they did.  MIL or MOA, your choice, which is cool as hell, and why I love Athlon...   Here's the lineup:

https://athlonoptics.com/product-category/rifle-scopes/athlon-optics-rifle-scopes-ares-btr-gen2/

Here's the one I bought, twice  - you'll drop a grand for it, but you can find it lower if you shop it hard enough:

https://athlonoptics.com/product/rifle-scopes-ares-btr/

Yep, it checks all the boxes doesn't it? Building the "Dirty 30" has been a pricey little affair, and I've got a bunch of crap to send back, some because it just didn't work, and some because something else worked better, and I had to buy some AMMO, which is NOT cheap, but 1/2 of what they offer is still available, though that changes daily...

I had a box of fancy 223 target ammo in my hand, the last box in the store, 25 bucks, I walked around the store with it for 1/2 hour, maybe longer, and in the end, I put that, the CMMG milspec trigger, and two Magpul 30 rd 300 Black magazines back and bought that Rise Armament drop in trigger with no walk pins... almost 200 bucks with tax, a pain in the axe to put in, but very crisp, I'm not sure its 3.5lbs, feels more like 5.5 lbs, and thats fine for punching paper and coyotes at the farm.

So I am gonna put the Athlon at the top of my list, and I believe you are right, it is probably the best bang for the buck you will find, in stock now at Optics Planet for $799, that is a steal, but at the moment, I don't have enough green to steal it, dam gummit!

16 minutes ago, billymagg said:

So I am gonna put the Athlon at the top of my list, and I believe you are right, it is probably the best bang for the buck you will find, in stock now at Optics Planet for $799, that is a steal, but at the moment, I don't have enough green to steal it, dam gummit!

Here it is on Amazon for $599, man - shop it HARD, but it's not getting better than this price...   I'm just sayin'...

https://www.amazon.com/Athlon-Optics-2-5-15x50-First-Riflescopes/dp/B087D8CXK8

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Here it is on Amazon for $599, man - shop it HARD, but it's not getting better than this price...   I'm just sayin'...

https://www.amazon.com/Athlon-Optics-2-5-15x50-First-Riflescopes/dp/B087D8CXK8

I'm listening, I'm listening, wow, that is amazing isn't it??  show's you were the wholesale really is, doesn't it! but its a beautiful scope, and it does indeed, "check all the boxes"!

11 hours ago, shooterrex said:

The hammer needs to be cocked before the safety will go in or out.

Yes sir! it was the base plate of the drop in trigger shooter. That dang thing is 1/4" +, maybe +++... 

I popped the grip down until the pin cleared the safety, installed the trigger, and then that plate was so high the safety wouldn't go over it, so I popped the rear pin out and re-installed the safety, then lifted the back of the trigger up, and re-installed the rear pin, just a pain in the butt, but it seems to function fine, possibly a little stiffer, so we shall see...

• 2 weeks later...