• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

With a heavy heavy heart

Robocop1051

I wish I didn't have to share this bad news with you all. It just came to my attention in the last few minutes and I couldn't postpone passing it on.

Our dear friend, MicroGunner, has passed away.

James Ernest "Ernie" Simms

aka/ MicroGunner

August 30, 1955 - June 5, 2015

Tampa, Florida

post-5-0-38687800-1435666770_thumb.jpeg

http://hosting-1678.tributes.com/obituary/show/James-Ernest-Ernie-Simms-102550804

James Ernest "Ernie" Simms, 59 of Tampa passed away June 5, 2015 at his brother's residence. He was born in West Virginia. Ernie previously worked at City Pawn, Delta Kitchens, and was previous owner of Big E's Gun Shop. He was a proud voting member of the NRA. He had the gift of gab and enjoyed talking and visiting with family and friends.

He is predeceased by his father and mother, John and Betty Simms.

Ernie is survived by his son, James Simms; daughter, Jassiman Simms; brother, Mike Simms; sister, Kim Carroll and her husband Mike; nieces, Mandy, Katie and Kelly; many loved ones and friends.

Eternal Reef, as his wish was to be part of an artificial coral reef.

Most of you know him here. He was always a jovial member, getting his punches in with the guys and always being a positive contribution to our community. I don't have the physical ability to write about all his great qualities. We called him friend and we called him brother. He was a major part of our 308AR family and will be dearly and deeply missed.

God has a great and wonderful addition to his kingdom. I hope he's stocked up on .22lr in preparation for Ernie.

Vaya con Dios mi hermano.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 years ago  years two strangers, FS2KSTD and Microgunner over on the FNF Forum sorta of adopted me. They got me up to speed with firearms as I was off about a 12 year absence. Each played a different role. Both were enablers. The subject of this post Microgunner/Ernie knew a lot about firearms, a real lot but without a doubt his specialty and first love was the .22. Im sure he owned every .22 ever made at least twice. (he never gave his wives a second chance) Anyhow Ernie and I developed an awesome and expensive relationship. Ernie worked at a very busy pawn shop that saw a lot of guns. Occasionally Ernie would email me and give me the option to buy a special piece so he wouldn't have to. Eventually to speed up the process I mailed him signed, blank personal checks to keep in the pawn shop safe. It was a perfect relationship. Ernie also had a knack for getting me anything I wanted even the nearly impossible. My favorite was mentioning I wanted a Belgian High power. Within days I had a perfect specimen in hand. Today as I write this I now wonder if this wasn't out of his own collection. Then there was Ernie the person. The more I got to know him the more I liked him. He had an awesome witt and never missed an opportunity to use it. Ernie was the kind of guy who's post you never want to miss. Ernie loved his animals and hated his smart phone. Ernie would do anything for anyone he liked. When my niece moved to Florida he was her backup and escape if the shit hit the fan and she needed a place to go.

Ernie once hinted that next to his tv was a .22 bullet trap. That was Ernie

Sure wish we got to speak one more time