• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Post Introduction

DustBuster

Hi All... I have posted a few topics now, asking for advice...I really want to pick your brains again but I have never formally introduced myself.

Im a carpenter who lives in a small town in Wyoming... I’m over 40 but can’t quite believe it.   I live with my gal friend.  She gets Bark Box packages in the mail lately and I’ve been getting misc. gun parts.  I’m also a ham radio operator and love to work come CW and occasionally RTTY on the Low Bands.  I hunt sometimes and have really been enjoying the learning of the LR-308 and also of the technicals of reloading.

Good to have found this site on searches and to ask and receive info and opinions from what I gather are a solid group ranging from people like me on up to extremely experienced pros.  Take care,

73 as they say in Amateur radio

Yep,  come here all who want to leave the gun grabbin liberals from the cities!  I was born in AK, kinda grew up in Seattle, and graduated HS in MT.  Found my way here.  Jackson is a joke, I definitely wouldn’t want to be over there... our 308s might raise a few uppity eyebrows there.. but most of the state is my kind of place.  Hi to you too, Beantown...de  w7dgr.  

Thanks for the welcomes, 308ar Crew.

Tonight I will ask your thoughts on a different topic..

• 1 month later...

Tack 14, I derailed your Intro, if you want to add here, I owe you....

well I have Zero confidence in the milspec Trigger I have, 65% confidence in my shooting “luck” and 99% confidence in my yet to be fired barrel.  It’s time to build up some fundamentals then.  I backboned an elk last season, with my 30-06.  Piss poor waste of precious Chops....After that I swore to myself I’d shoot good from there on out.  I held high by a guess amount.  I knew the range was about 240... had bipod on the ground, but did not squeeze trigger that I can remember and I definitely did not have the rifle trajectory mastered in memory...

Things need to change for me with any gun I shoot.... 

45 minutes ago, DustBuster said:

Tack 14, I derailed your Intro, if you want to add here, I owe you....

well I have Zero confidence in the milspec Trigger I have, 65% confidence in my shooting “luck” and 99% confidence in my yet to be fired barrel.  It’s time to build up some fundamentals then.  I backboned an elk last season, with my 30-06.  Piss poor waste of precious Chops....After that I swore to myself I’d shoot good from there on out.  I held high by a guess amount.  I knew the range was about 240... had bipod on the ground, but did not squeeze trigger that I can remember and I definitely did not have the rifle trajectory mastered in memory...

Things need to change for me with any gun I shoot.... 

I think you posted this in the wrong thread, just my thinking. Maybe I'm wrong, but you posted this apology in YOUR OWN intro thread, but apologizing for derailing Tack14s intro. 

This is YOUR THREAD, man.  Get ahold of yourself, here.  Grip tight, too.  You were probably thinking you were responding to this one, but you fucked that up spectacularly.  I think you THOUGHT you were here, whilst typing happily away: