• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "few" mags on order for my GHM9 SBR. These were $15 less than the B&T version from Switzerland that are out of stock everywhere. Fingers crossed that they work as well as the real deal. Can't have too many mags 'cause as every gun banner knows, "Once they're empty that's it! They're no good.". (Or idiotic thoughts by a jackass to that effect.)

https://www.rainierarms.com/kci-usa-b-t-mp9-tp9-apc9-ghm9-magazine-30rd/

They were ordered last night and shipped today.

7 minutes ago, SilverDragon said:

Not on order, this arrived today. Now I can get to reloading and have some ammo for the range. They didn't have 308 small base dies in stock so the LC 7.62 brass will have to wait for later.

20220729_231716.jpg

Jeebus!  You got ALL THAT in one order?!  Last time I got 6# of powder was a month ago, and that was just under $300...  8# powder, 3 bricks of primers, brass, projos...   That's a pile of money, right there, man.  :hail:

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Jeebus!  You got ALL THAT in one order?!  Last time I got 6# of powder was a month ago, and that was just under $300...  8# powder, 3 bricks of primers, brass, projos...   That's a pile of money, right there, man.  :hail:

Had another delivery of 5# powder and a brass catcher for the gas guns on Tuesday. $925 for both orders combined. Retired, no mortgage, no car payments, leaves more $$$ to spend on my hobby. 

13 hours ago, SilverDragon said:

Had another delivery of 5# powder and a brass catcher for the gas guns on Tuesday. $925 for both orders combined. Retired, no mortgage, no car payments, leaves more $$$ to spend on my hobby. 

Congratulations brother I hope you have a long and healthy retirement 🍻🍻

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 7:59 PM, 98Z5V said:

The amplification modes are cool - let you bump up what you hear, "normal voice" and such - but how far you amplify has zero effect on that they do for noise attenuation.  They crush gunshot noise like no other electronic ear-pro I've ever used or had.  I played with them at last month's shoot, different amp levels - still made the gunshot noise go away, no matter what the setting. 

Like I said - badass enough to buy a second pair, and I did.  :hail:

IMG_0875.JPG.135542f26dd791c392e001f8d9c106fd.JPG

Finally got to test them at the range,  walls 3 sides and a roof, high bullet baffles out front, was not pleasant with anything loud/ ported/ comped going on. 2 bays away brother shooting XM177 configuration 5.56 was acceptable, but 308 with tank brake, 12 gage unpleasant as fuk. had to grab the pro ears gold. Probably be acceptable in open area, give it a try at the gravelpit  later.  

Yes, have the correct ear buds. 

These ARE the greatest thing since sliced bread for canceling out everyone on the room and watching a video with the bluetooth feature!. 

49406739_2022-08-1309_26_12.thumb.jpg.58b544a5c935c4ac508d492434bb8894.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

174 pages of replies to 'What Do You Have On Order...'

LOL

I guess guys like to talk online about the stuff they're waiting on to show up  in a box.

I ordered an Aero Lower - I'm excited !    Because I had an 80% lower but I was afraid to take it to the range (I live in CA) because I'd heard of guys from the CA/DOJ showing up at the range unexpectedly, and inspecting people's stuff for non-compliance (I don't think I'd want that job)

I hardly ever fired my AR in the 2 yrs I owned it for that reason. But now I'm actually going to be able to legally pack it into my car and go out and play with it.

It's getting so game wardens are out there in the woods busting people for non-compliant firearms too .   Off topic

Nothing major. Still waiting on the Volq' carbon fiber barrel. Same delivery date at this time.

Ordered this to try on the PCC SBR that I use for Action Pistol. I dislike vert' forearms, I did try some and they just don't work for me. Right now I'm using a BCM Gunfighter short grip as a hand stop on it but I'm always open to better options as my firearms are really never settled, unlike the lefts global warming hoax. I have to sorta laugh... They quote a 1-2 week delivery, yet the order was filled next day. Since I went with USPS 1st class mail (free) now I understand why the long delivery time. It's at the post office and waiting to be sent on it way. Some areas of the country has really BS USPS service. That's OK though I'm really in no hurry since what I have works fine. The new part is just an experiment. Basically it's a place to index my hand and fingers so that I don't shoot anything off with the short barrel. 

https://arisakadefense.com/hand-stop-picatinny/

What's on it now:

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcmgunfighter-vertical-grip-short-black/