• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

A good week my Stealth 28 HTBT showed up so range trip tommorow.

Make sure you lemme know what you think - I love mine enough to buy a second pair.

2 is 1, and 1 is none.  Gotta have backups.  Still planning 4-deep, too.

P - Stealth 28 HTBT

A - Stealth 28 HTBT backups

C - Walker Silencer 2.0

E - Orange foamies...

30 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Will do

Been playing with them and the amplification modes are interesting. If these work out I'll be looking at another set but likely the non bluetooth. 

The amplification modes are cool - let you bump up what you hear, "normal voice" and such - but how far you amplify has zero effect on that they do for noise attenuation.  They crush gunshot noise like no other electronic ear-pro I've ever used or had.  I played with them at last month's shoot, different amp levels - still made the gunshot noise go away, no matter what the setting. 

Like I said - badass enough to buy a second pair, and I did.  :hail:

IMG_0875.JPG.135542f26dd791c392e001f8d9c106fd.JPG

The Volquartsen barrel is starting to just cause me amusement every time I check on the status of the order. What else can I do but smile and chuckle? Yeah, I know I can cancel it, but that's not going to happen. I hope  to have it by next spring. That darn Putin and his supply chain issues!! One would think someone in this country would be able to fix them. Good thing hitler and hirohito didn't have the same control of our country 80 years ago! (Of course I jest. I know that it's biteme getting us accustomed to a much lower standard of living. That of just getting by.)

Expected to be shipped on 10/20/2022

On 7/17/2022 at 3:45 PM, BrianK said:

The Volquartsen barrel is starting to just cause me amusement every time I check on the status of the order. What else can I do but smile and chuckle? Yeah, I know I can cancel it, but that's not going to happen. I hope  to have it by next spring. That darn Putin and his supply chain issues!! One would think someone in this country would be able to fix them. Good thing hitler and hirohito didn't have the same control of our country 80 years ago! (Of course I jest. I know that it's biteme getting us accustomed to a much lower standard of living. That of just getting by.)

Expected to be shipped on 10/20/2022

Thank your lucky stars it's not a one-off you ordered from Lothar Walther....

20 hours ago, sketch said:

^^^ ordered a lee press also for the longer case loads...

You talking .50 BMG?  I've learned alot about the presses that can handle that one.  It's all about the size of the dies.  You need to be 1 1/4" on your dies.  Only Hornady (still) makes a press for 1 1/2" dies, and RCBS used to, but that one is discontinued now.

Every other standard press can handle everything else, brother.

Edited by 98Z5V

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

You talking .50 BMG?  I've learned alot about the presses that can handle that one.

Every other standard press can handle everything else, brother.

Yep I wana make my own Bottle openers that are made from 50 brass.... 

3 minutes ago, sketch said:

Yep I wana make my own Bottle openers that are made from 50 brass.... 

I had one of those. One of the engineers was admiring it when I left my last job, so I let her keep it. When you start cranking them out…put me on the list for one.