• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

On 6/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

I can attest that a barrel turns into a rifle rather quickly.  

On 6/12/2022 at 7:13 PM, Rsquared said:

Nothing but the truth right there.

I'm still holding out - this is just a test of my own will power, just to do this.

I have a LaRue 18" Grendel barrel, with their gas block, gas tube, and muzzle brake - sitting...

Yes, just sitting...  

It's been sitting since sometime in late 2020... 

I'm hanging on, and doing well...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm still holding out - this is just a test of my own will power, just to do this.

I have a LaRue 18" Grendel barrel, with their gas block, gas tube, and muzzle brake - sitting...

Yes, just sitting...  

It's been sitting since sometime in late 2020... 

I'm hanging on, and doing well...   :thumbup:

Well at least you have a stash of Larue triggers to go along with it, in case you get the itch.  :hornet:

4 minutes ago, DNP said:

Well at least you have a stash of Larue triggers to go along with it, in case you get the itch.  :hornet:

I have ZERO.  Well, I have 3.  One is for @shooterrex, one is for @blue109, and one is for Kim's .260 Rem gun.  So, technically, 3 are sitting here.  But, I have none...  Sad Panda...   :embarrassed:

Just now, DNP said:

One is Kim’s?  That’s like half yours anyways….maybe you could borrow it for a little while?

I'm not doing that - I know better.  :box1::bat:   Damnit, I need to get that gun done - it's only an upper right now.

one more paycheck maybe two and the Trijicon is mine......... the river just broke a record it reached 100,000 CFS and this is the wettest spring I have ever seen in my life June and still no garden planted just mud but the fish are biting and I got the Comms unit installed in the side by side  just need the Trijicon and I will be a happy boy.....

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That sucks.

Yeah it does. But I waited 4 years for a DT MDR and another year before I put a stop to a 300BLK  conversion for it; best thing I ever did was get a refund for the conversion. So I contacted the retailer who has my barrel order. I figured that there had to be more that got lost in the bureaucracy. There was. They expect more in house on 9/15. Why couldn't they just say that!!??? 4 days difference? Really? That makes it no ETA? I expect it to change again though. We'll see. A lot needs to happen to make a carbon fiber barrel and it's like a supplier dance. With supply chain issues due to soft serve joe anything can happen. 

As I told them in a reply, everyone is in the same boat, even Volquartsen has them out of stock. But at that point (9/15) I'm in no hurry. I was hoping to have it for the last Steel Challenge match of the season but that's likely not going to happen. It needs to be sighted in and tested for reliability with my ammo and that takes time. I should definitely have it on line for next year though. This year if everything falls into place; what are the chances? I'll also have a new sight budgeted to hopefully keep the existing sight on the Ruger Charger Takedown (I need to mark the sight location on the frame for a return to zero since it can't exist on the frame with the new barrel) and put a new sight on the new barrel. Or vice versa. I might save the $ for a new sight and put a crap sight on the old barrel if it's ever needed. It all depends on the new barrel and if I see it ever coming off. But I like redundancy so that needs to be factored in. Also to be factored in, if the OEM barrel needs to be used, I hate crappy anything that I didn't like for first string. I want to slap on what I used and found to work nicely (and it has for years now).

Lots to mull over and decide on. But really, 4 days difference makes it no ETA? Glad I contacted them for better info'. But it doesn't make for faster delivery. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 8:27 PM, 98Z5V said:

and one is for Kim's .260 Rem gun.

On 6/14/2022 at 8:28 PM, 98Z5V said:

FUK!   I need to get her .260 Rem gun done before Fall Shoot...   :bitchslap:

On 6/14/2022 at 8:28 PM, DNP said:

One is Kim’s?  That’s like half yours anyways….maybe you could borrow it for a little while?

On 6/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, 98Z5V said:

I'm not doing that - I know better.  :box1::bat:   Damnit, I need to get that gun done - it's only an upper right now.

Alright, progress on the other .260 Rem gun - it's not just an upper anymore, it's finally a complete gun that would fire.  This thing still needs a bipod, sling and optic, and maybe paint.  Then it's finished.  The big hurdle is over, and the lower is built and pinned to the upper.

IMG_0866.thumb.JPG.b248f38f50c8d06552a9e30e03227228.JPG

After a year or so of ownership, upgrades and tweaking, I have to say I've got my Windham Weaponry SRC R16SFT-308 set up and working pretty much perfect for my needs.  Just ordered a Daniel Defense DD5V3, which will be a very similar rifle.  Kind of an impulse purchase.  I'd been on their "notify me when in stock" list forever. And, every time in the past when they had sent me a notification it was "in stock" it had been out of stock by the time I'd checked the link.  Probably should not have bought a gun that expensive that will largely be redundant.  But as my wife as often noted, I am a sucker for marketing.  I also like to support local companies, and they are located in the Carolinas (as am I).  Wish me luck with by far the most expensive gun purchase I've ever made.